JOB TITLEVideo Production Specialist
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for technical aspects of customer-facing instructional video production, to include: pre-production (shot selection), set dressing, lighting, shooting (or assisting/slating), and/or editing videos for all various electronic products. Work with a small team and be able to function in any one of these roles on any given project. Occasional internal training video production and live webcast assistance also needed. This role requires email and voice communication, professional appearance and video production experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Video production from project development/pre-production to post-production and video exporting.
- Knowledgeable of Samsung products and features as well as product issues that impact customer service
- Collaborates and aligns with internal/external teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the video requirements.
- Troubleshooting products on a technical level regarding outstanding and anticipated product issues.
- May lead or be a part of team for special projects, as required.
- Providing any risk callouts to the Planning Team & Senior Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- College or technical college degree or equivalent experience
- Consumer Electronics product knowledge required
- Expert proficiency shooting with Sony FS7 and EX3 cameras
- Knowledge of Sony XAVC-I and XDCAM codecs
- Familiarity with Sony proprietary picture profiles and gamma settings
- Complete understanding of lighting schemes with Arri studio lights and Kino Flo sources, with focuses on lighting talent in interview-style scenarios as well as natural lifestyle settings
- Understanding of shot selection and creating shot lists for maximum impact in tutorial-style videos
- Comfortable with directing talent both for performance and performing technical functions with Samsung products
- Expert proficiency editing video with Adobe CC Premiere Pro, including Lumetri utilities for basic color correction
- Understanding of audio plugins such as compression/denoising
- Familiarity with export codecs and bitrates
- Fluency in Adobe CC After Effects and dynamic linking with Premiere for intermediate motion graphics work such as title cards and lower thirds
- Basic understanding of Pro Tools, Yamaha DM1000 mixer, and audio recording best practices a plus
- Basic understanding of TriCaster broadcasting and small webcasts a plus
- Self-motivated, proactive worker, able to work alone or in small crews of two or three people
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Very strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Android Operating Systems